Friday, July 31, 2009

My Crusade to Save our Seas: Chapter 2


OK, Ladies. Here's another plea to sign another petition to save our seas from yet another group of greedy heartless bastards.

The Gulf Council met in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi (!) and set forth a plan to issue permits for off-shore fishing, also called open-ocean aquaculture. (Please pay special attention to the Environmental Impact section.) Essentially what this means is netting a large area of water more than 3 miles off of the coast and breeding and raising certain species of commercially desirable fish, salmon and tilapia are the most common.

I have no illusions that I can stop this practice. What I want to do is to make sure that Congress has the regulatory power instead of the Gulf Council that doesn't have to answer to voters.

Please click the Ocean Conservancy logo on my main page to sign the petition. Thanks -

No comments:

Post a Comment