Saturday, August 22, 2009
Propane's Warm and Fuzzy Award
And there are 3 rules.... Link back to the person who gave it to you, give the award to 10 people, and tell 10 things about yourself. So typical . . . I get an "award" with strings attached :) I'll take it . . . you knew I would. Thanks, Moonshine.
10 people? I'd have to get out more. And since I was not on the 1st tier of recipients, some of the people I would award have already been awarded. So I'm going to disregard that fact and re-bestow the award.
1) Jude - Loves me some Jude! Who doesn't? Honestly, is there a single one of you who doesn't want to dry hump Jude? I dare you to show your face.
2) Ms. Moon - I know, I know. You're all all done with the forced voyeurism on my intense adoration of Ms. Moon. But seriously, y'all, she is wise. If you have resisted her thus far, be done. Relinquinsh your soul-care to Ms. Moon. You'll feel better soon.
3) Downtown Guy - She has offspring. Yes, he's Ms. Moon's kid in Real Life. He's eloquent and brilliant and loves some biscuits and gravy. AND he knows the worst name you could name a child without naming them something overtly obscene. Interesting, very interesting.
4) Solo - She lets me call her Maureen. She coaches all of us to be better and stronger. And she's in love - as if she couldn't get more adorable. I'm so happy for you, Maureen.
5) Rocket - I believe she's gotten this award from everyone that I've seen give it out, and who am I to buck tradition? She had the fortitude and heart of a true friend strong enough to pull her into her dear friend's estate sale. And then had the courage and clarity to share it with us. Did I mention how phenomenally talented she is?
6) G - Her posts are less than regular here recently, but worth the wait - I promise. She has a way with self-reflection that makes you run for a mirror.
7) Dena - She's the coolest straight girl I know, and she's threatening to come and visit me. Lord, I hope she does. This lady is funnier than all of us combined. And that's something.
So that's it. Go forth and multiply.
I suppose that since I only gave the award to 7 people that I only get to tell you 7 things about myself. God knows how I love to talk about myself, so this is taking true restraint.
1) My fingernails are remarkably strong. I can't cut them myself - Dawn does it for me while I cringe.
2) I have an unhealthy obsession with The Real Housewives of Anywhere. I especially love NeNe.
3) In our den, we have a vintage travel poster from every state that allows same-sex marriage. There's plenty of room left.
4) I know a very lengthy poem, The Shooting of Dan McGrew, by heart. There's hardly any way that the San Diego crew is getting out of hearing it - I do it best with several drinks in me.
5) I have an eyelash on my left eye that grows in totally white. I have no idea why.
6) I had New Year's Eve twice one year because I flew to Hawaii from Australia and crossed the International Dateline.
7) I was almost killed by a home-run. Brian Jordan hit one out while I was just settling myself and my brand new 32 oz. beer onto the green green grass in the outfield of the Braves Spring Training facility in Orlando. Instead of being struck in the head, I was tackled by a 300+ lb man who caught the ball. My beer spilled. I was pissed. The man next to me helped me up and bought me a new cup of frothy deliciousness. I was NOT on ESPN.